Monday 8 April 2013

OOTD Blazing a Trail


 Blazer Thrifted / Shirt Thrifted / Necklace Thrifted / Shorts American Apparel / Socks ASOS / Shoes River Island via ASOS

 So there was actually a chill in the air this morning! And rain! So what have I put on? A Hawaiian shirt, duh. In all seriousness I have been longing for the cooler weather. I love a good jacket and also part of me wanted to show off my extreme op shop bargains. Both the blazer and the shirt were $2! And they both had never been worn. Sunshine coast op shops are crazy. So much cheaper than Brisbane. 

Much as I proclaim my love for NastyGal and Urban Outfitters, something about thrifting is just so satisfying. I think I'm just a sucker for a bargain I always jump on the first sign of a sale. 

The thriftiness of my top half though is rather cancelled out by my new high waisted shorts from AA. Over the summer I literally wore my high waisted Levi's to death and wearing them in public now would be rather indecent. I was sick of investing in vintage shorts only to be disappointed by the fit so the American Apparel ones were meant to be. I love my high-waists and no one does them better than AA. A word of warning for sizing if you're ordering online the denim does not stretch at all so when you buy these you might want to go up a size. 

Also my hair is finally long enough to tie up into hairstyles again. Hurrah! I feel a little like Sailor Moon today, which quite honestly can never be a bad thing. 

Have you found any bargains lately?

Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...