Monday 15 April 2013

OOTD Tartan Tales



Tank The Hives Concert Tee / Skirt 9 Crow St / Boots eBay

Hello again! Feels a bit odd to be posting two days in a row. It's a quick and simple outfit for you today. Sometimes I can get a bit distracted piling on rings and bracelets like there's no tomorrow and I forget that sometimes all you need is a top and a kick-ass skirt. 


The skirt is from a Dublin-based vintage store called 9 Crow Street. Obviously I didn't take a quick trip over to Ireland, they do have a fabulous online store with very reasonable shipping rates. Leanne recently posted about the store and as an Irish girl she has had the benefit of shopping in store. The length of the skirt is very schoolgirl-esque, but it prevents it from moving into Halloween costume territory. This is definitely a skirt for the cooler weather, the double lining keeps you nice and toasty. 

The Hives are one of my favourite bands and I bought this shirt at their concert earlier this year. As with all my band tees I've hacked off the sleeves and the collar. If anyone's interested in seeing how I go about this let me know. 

The boots are my latest pair of shoes, fresh from eBay. I fell out of love with eBay for a while. I bought some jewellery that was less than fantastic quality and gave up on the whole anxious bidding and slow shipping times. These shoes were a pleasant surprise. I received them really quickly, within a week and a half. They are real leather and are a bit shinier than I would usually like, but for the price they're great. The heel is around 3 inches, but with the massive platform these are just as comfortable as flats. 

That's about it for me today, we're back to our normal posting schedule so I'll see you all again on Friday. 

Jess xx

4 comments:

  1. i will always and forever love red plaid! :) such a cute skirt! you look amazing <3
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely :) I'll be wearing this skirt a lot come winter haha
      Jess x

      Delete
  2. This is a great look! I love it, its totally bad ass. Hi from a new follower :)

    www.fashionmagical.blogspot.com
    www.youtube.co.uk/MissFashionMagic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Welcome to our little corner of the internet haha :)
      Jess x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...