Friday 24 May 2013

Review | Bourjois Volume Glamour MAX Mascara


 Unfortunately this is going to be the first negative review on the blog. I recently received this mascara as part of a gift with purchase from Priceline. I have tried several Bourjois mascaras in the past and loved them, particularly their Volumiser and Volume Glamour Ultra Curl Mascaras, unfortunately the same cannot be said for this one. 

It is not the formula that's the problem here, that's quite nice and once you get in on the eyes it's stays well all day. The brush is another story though. It's HUGE. It can be hard to accurately convey size over a computer screen so I photographed the wand next to the average sized Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara. 

Applying this mascara requires far too much concentration for me to be applying it in a rush, half-awake every morning. Without insane levels of concentration you will get mascara everywhere around your eyes, possibly even in your eyebrow (I hadn't had coffee yet). 

If the mascara gave amazing length or volume, I would probably forgive it and save it for when I had a bit more time on my hands, but it doesn't really do anything for my lashes. Because you have to be so delicate with the brush, you can't really build much volume at all. The end result is fairly natural lashes, that took a lot more time than they should have to do. 

In short I can see why Priceline were giving this one away. If you're looking for a new mascara from Bourjois I would highly recommend the two I mentioned earlier. 

If you have eyes the size of an anime character's then this mascara retails for $22 at Pricelines Australia wide. 

Have you tried any disappointing mascaras lately?

Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...