Wednesday 29 May 2013

Review | Designer Brands' Twist 'n' Go Instant Nail Polish Remover

Designer Brands' Twist 'n' Go Instant Nail Polish Remover

I'm totally with Jess on this recent trend of product names getting longer and longer and longer. This product is the closest to Bourjois' Magic Nail Polish Remover that I've found in Australia. Every morning I pass the cheapie bin at Terry White's Chemist and every morning I am tempted. I walked past this particular product for several days before realising what is was and how much I needed to test its quality. For $4.99, I didn't have reason to say no. 

I was originally skeptical with how efficient and true to '1 second removal' it would be. However, I have been pleasantly surprised by its ability to remove my nail polish with extreme speed. The claims of 'no mess' and 'no strong odour', though, are slightly off mark. The liquid smells just like an ordinary nail polish remover would even though it claims to be 'berry scented'. I didn't really expect those claims to be true considering its price. 

The process of 'twist n go' is quite literal but it's got to be quite an agressive twisting motion or it'll take a fair bit longer than you want.  I also recommend doing it over the sink or somewhere you can clean easily. When you put your finger in the tub a fair amount of liquid is displaced and it can be quite a splashy process. 

All in all, for the same price as a small bottle of nail polish remover, you get a much more efficient product. I'm not sure how long this product will last before being too effected by previous colours but for the price I'm not overly fussy. It was so simple and easy to do and made light work of what can normally be fairly tedious. 

Even though it seems I've laid a fair bit on this product I was really just calling out their false advertising. I didn't have high hopes and have been quite impressed. I would still really like to try Bourjois' product but am sated for now. If you see this one around, don't be deterred it is worth giving it a shot. 

Have you tried either this product, Bourjois' or a similar one? Let me know
Erin xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...