Sunday 23 June 2013

At Home | Pre-Loved Kitchen Goodies





If you've read a few of my recent posts you'll know that I have recently moved out of home and am slowly creating my own home. I took a trip to a LifeLine SUPA Store last weekend on the hunt for some kitchen supplies and thought it would be a good idea to share some of the amazing goodies you can find if you really want them. I never go into a session of op shopping with specific items in mind because that it the easiest way to get disappointed. I knew that I wanted more plates/bowels etc and some different shaped dishes to cook with but nothing much more specific than that. I definitely didn't come out with everything I thought I would but I'm more than happy with what I got.

All of the pictures are pretty self explanatory but I'll give you a quick rundown on what I found. I got the dining set for $18 which included four of everything you see in the picture. The process of choosing that one over the others that were available included its charming retro colours and the intricate pattern that adorns the plates. They are so 'ugly' that I find them incredibly endearing and would've regretted not purchasing them forever. 

I chose the two baking dishes (porcelain and pyrex) because of their endless uses. Before these purchases I didn't really have a lot that I could use in the oven and knew these two would be perfect for so many different styles of dishes. I think I paid about $15 for the casserole dish and $8 for the pyrex. 

The large yellow enamel pot was purchased out of necessity. I will probably keep searching for a large heavy based pot than I can both cook with on the stove and in the oven. This one is simply holding the place of a better quality one that I wish to own in the future. This pot cost me $17 and it is fairly battered but will have a long life. 

And that's the most recent addition to my new home. There will definitely be more of these style posts coming in the future and plenty more 'At Home' as well. I'm quite enjoying telling the world about my discoveries and failures in setting up a new home (yet to purchase a washing machine = failure). 

Hope you've all had a really fantastic weekend, I know I sure have!
Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...