Friday 19 July 2013

About Face | Pretty in Pink


Hi lovelies! I don't think pink has ever been my favourite colour, yet here I am with a face of make up in entirely pink shades. Recently I have been skipping the smokey eyes and liner in favour of quick and long-lasting. For a girl who loves her eyeliner it's been a nice change, and I'm loving the extra time in bed. 

Erin and I were both slightly obsessed with tracking down the new shades of the 24 hour Colour Tattoo eyeshadows from Maybelline. I ended up in far too many Pricelines that day but the eyeshadow was worth it. It's a frosted pink (swatch far left) that makes for a quick fix in the mornings and pairs perfectly with my Sleek blusher in Pixie Pink (swatch in middle). Above I paired it with a warm brown in the crease for a look that's done in minutes. All it needs it a quick coat of mascara.

I have my usual favourites lurking in the background: my Smashbox bronzer, everyday brow powder and Rimmel nude eyeliner. I have been leaving foundation, preferring to just use my Hourglass concealer where I need it. 

I'm a big fan of glowing skin, but my dry skin in winter doesn't like to co-operate. Apart from slathering on moisturiser, I've also broken out the highlighters, my favourite of which is the Jemma Kidd All Over Radiance Cream in Rose Gold (now discontinued *sobs*). 

The final step is a bold pink lip. I recently back-to-mac-ed (definitely a term) and scored the Girl About Town lipstick (swatch far right). This is a really bold pink lip that I've been loving as a change from my usual reds. 

So that's my face for the day. Simple, quick, and easy to wear.

What are your favourite products of the moment?

Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...