Sunday 21 July 2013

OOTD | Oh How Hibiscus



Sandbank Dress - Gorman / long tweed coat - thrifted / 70 denier black opaque tights - VooDoo / sunglasses - Sportsgirl / tan suede boots - Windsor Smith


How I wish the weather was still as beautiful as it was in these photos. Winter is such a confusing time of year because we expect it to be cold but sunny and it never quite is; rain always seems to catch us off guard and dampen the season. Anyway, this is a quick outfit post of something I put together recently right before I was due to get my fringe trimmed (as you can see it is sneakily pinned back to hide my shame). 

Like many things in Gorman, I had lusted over this dress until I found it on sale earlier this year. It is the perfect drop-waist dress made from a super soft but firm cotton with the most perfectly positioned pockets (for a dress anyway). As it has been getting colder it has been getting neglected quite seriously but on this warmer day I decided to whip it out to celebrate. It does have a boat neckline and angular sleeves so it needs strict guidance when under a jacket. 

I found these boots on my first trip to Melbourne about five or six years ago and as daggy as they are I still love them to bits. They fit my feet perfectly and work well with this and similar outfits. However, they carry a curse. When I first wore them it started raining almost immediately and this trend has continued  on throughout their life and I won't lie, I do believe it started raining later on the evening that we took these photos. 

Everything else I'm wearing are complete staples in my life. I wear these sunglasses and jacket almost (it not) every day. 

Are you stuck in a miserable winter at the moment and yearn for the days full of sunshine? Or are you enjoying the beauty of summer?

Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...