Sunday 28 July 2013

Review | Himalayan Sea Salt Soap



A while back I did a tiny haul post of completely unnecessary luxury items. I have since discovered they are totally necessary in my life and I don't want to live without them. In particular, this bar of soap made from Himalayan sea salt. I hadn't even taken off the plastic packaging in this photo and I am now contemplating my second purchase of this miracle cleansing and exfoliating product. 

I did say that I would give a review on this if I found it to be anything special and I have to say I've never been so impressed by an impulsive purchase. At first I thought I was just washing myself with a bar of salt and was slightly confused. But after it has been exposed to water the salt crystals begin to show themselves and become incredibly exfoliating. 

I think I mentioned that the sales assistant advised me to be gentle with this and I can say that was very useful advice. Like I said, the salt crystals expose themselves, and can easily scratch your softer skin. I've been using it like a pumice stone for my feet but unlike pumice it softens the skin at the same time. I also use it on the backs on my arms, thighs and shoulders where I find my skin gets small annoying bumps (anyone else or am I crazy?). 

I've been using it for about a month or so now and have to say I'm very impressed with how much smoother and softer my skin is. I guess it is obvious to say that it has a similar effect on my skin as ocean swimming but I can pick and choose which parts of my body get treated. 

If you see any products made from Himalayan sea salt (including edible ones because it also cleanses your inside) give them a go and let me know!

Happy Sunday :) 
Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...