Wednesday 14 August 2013

OOTD | I-Died (When I found this Maxi)



Tie-Dye Print Maxi Dress - Vintage sourced via Box Vintage / Off-white blouse - Thrifted / Cherry Dr. Martens - secondhand via GumTree / Straw Sun Hat - Thrifted / Sunglasses - Sportsgirl / Lipstick Shade 106 - Lasting Finish by Kate for Rimmel

If you read Jess' post on Monday you'll be aware that we took advantage of a beautiful Sunday afternoon this week and got some outfit photos done in my new backyard. This weekend was also fairly warm and (I hope) signifies the end of a seemingly never-ending Winter. I took the chance to whip out this gorgeous tie-dye print maxi dress that I purchased the day before on a fairly regular whimsical journey around West End. Box Vintage is a Brisbane based (but also online) vintage store that I never enter unless I am ready to empty my wallet. I have never managed to leave without buying something and they're always beautiful staple or statement pieces in my wardrobe for years to come. This maxi dress is no different.


You will learn in the coming months that I am a lover of maxi dresses. I prefer to wax my legs over shaving and as I near closer to my waxing date I rely heavily on them to subtly hide my unsightly legs. I love to wear them with all styles of shoes; boots, sandals, flatforms, loafers etc etc. They're perfect for layering or wearing simply by themselves. As it was still a little brisk this fine Sunday afternoon I chose to layer my new found love with an old cream love that I thrifted quite a few years ago. I love a sheer oversized shirt to layer with in the Summer. They provide protection for my pasty white skin whilst not making me overheat. 

Another newbie in this post are my new (second hand) Dr. Marten work boots. I found them on GumTree for an absolute steal and couldn't resist. I love how they really accentuate the gritty aesthetic that all Dr. Martens try to achieve. They also feature a pillowy rim around the ankle. Sadly, these are about half a size too small and I can't wear them for long periods of time without hurting my toes. 


Here in Brisbane we have a public holiday today so Jess and I have been using our middle-of-the-week holiday to take bulk blog photos. We've been having an awesomely fun day and hope you have been too (even if you're not getting the day off). 

Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...