Friday 27 September 2013

Playlist | Summer Sounds



Hi lovelies! Whenever the weather changes I always find putting a playlist really gets in the mood for the coming seasons. Here's some tracks I've been loving lately and wanted to share with all of you. 

Aluna George, I have developed a recent obsession with this London-based duo. Their entire album is very cruisey and easy to listen to. I think pretty much everyone I know is obsessed with Disclosure's album 'Settle'. I'm seeing both bands at Listen Out festival in a few weeks and I have very high hopes. 

There are plenty of old favourites tossed in the mix as well. I have recently gotten back into Ratatat, I find something about their slinky beats perfect for summer. Daft Punk snuck on there as well with a song from their most recent album that I can't hear enough of. I am a big fan of Panda Bear so love his vocals combined with Daft Punk. After the release of their latest album I have been re-listening to the Hot Chip back catalogue. Tchaparian remains one of my favourite (and most difficult to spell) songs.

I was gutted when I missed out on James Blake's recent performance at Splendour in the Grass. To console myself I continue to listen to his album obsessively. 

Another artist I have recently discovered is Yuna. After hearing this single I have her album 'Nocturnal' on pre-order. It releases in October and I think it's going to be pretty amazing. 

A group I'll be seeing at Stereosonic at the end of the year is Lemaitre. There is no way to describe how happy their music makes me and I can't wait to see them live.  

I have also been really enjoying some remixes of some old favourites. Lana Del Rey's voice sounds perfect mixed with electronic music and I love this take on her Great Gatsby single. Haim and MS MR are two bands that I have also been enjoying in the summer weather. RAC, responsible for the MS MR remix has been on fire lately and I really recommend looking up the rest of his work. Lastly Sound of Silence is one of my all time favourite songs, and I always love listening to covers of it. 

What songs put you in the mood for summer?

Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...