Friday 4 October 2013

Hair | The New Guys

Manic Panic Hair Dyes in Atomic Turqoise, Lie Locks, Mystic Heather and Cotton Candy Pink
L'Oreal Paris EverStrong, EverPure and EverCreme range
Batiste Dry Shampoo in Cool & Crisp Fresh, Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo
Hi Lovelies! So for all of you who saw Erin's post on Sunday, don't freak out. I bought all of these bits in September and have just forgotten to show you until now. I'm a pretty low maintenance girl when it comes to my hair. I don't blow dry it, rarely style it and more often than not happy to let it do what it pleases. Surprisingly over the past few months I seem to have accumulated a fair few new bits and bobs that I thought I would let you know how I'm getting on with. 

You may or may not have seen, but I recently did a post on how I dyed my hair pink. I was really happy with the colour the Fudge Paintbox gave me, but it gave pretty poor results when it came to lasting power. With summer well and truly here and me being a bit of a water baby, I wanted something that would last me a few more washes before needed to be redone. 

This time I opted for the brand that are known for their vivid hair dyes, Manic Panic. For any Australian readers I would highly recommend sourcing this dyes from Furr. I chose the express shipping option and received my dye within two days of ordering. 

So far I have only used Mystic Heather in my hair using the same method I spoke about here. I'm really happy with the results so far. What I like most about the Manic Panic dyes is that they are all vegetable based dyes and condition your hair whilst dying it leaving your hair at the end of the process feeling super soft. 

I've also been trialling some new shampoos and conditioners from L'Oreal after they were recently 40% in a Priceline sale. So far I am loving the range and the smell is just as good as Estee promised. I think it's great that an affordable range minus the usual nasties has come out. I tend to go through conditioner like water so I am well stocked for the future. 

Lastly are two repurchases. I tend to opt for a different scent from Batiste everytime as I find they all tend to work in much the same way. I am enjoying the scent of this can, but I prefer the effects of the Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo. Even though I am no longer a blonde I still like to tone my hair every once in a while to stop it turning brassy. This is one of my favourite toning shampoos and my last bottle lasted me ages. 

Well that was a lot of babbling about hair care. As you can see a lot of my money goes to Priceline every week. I'm looking forward to continue to testing these products and I'll be sure to let you know if my opinion on any of them changes. 

What hair products have you been loving lately?

Jess xx



2 comments:

  1. I adore these L'oreal shampoos, I dye my hair pink with special effects atomic pink and it never fades! Just to let you know you can use any conditioner as they don't have sulphates in like shampoo. Sulphates are what make your shampoo lather but they ruin your hair. I just use Aussie or Herbal Essences conditioner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I find I am allergic to a lot of cheaper conditioners :( darn sensitive skin. I shall have to look into the Special Effects dye though

      Jess x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...