Friday 11 October 2013

Recipe | Summer Sweet Tea


 Hi lovelies! With the hot weather well and truly upon us in Brisbane my obsession with tea has been slightly abated. I am a big tea drinker, but in the middle of summer I find it can often be a little bit much. I haven't shared a recipe on the blog before, Erin is definitely more of a cook, but I thought I would run you through how I have been making my iced tea. 

Makes 1 jug
Ingredients
Your choice of teas
Honey to taste
Variety of fruit 
Plenty of ice
Fresh mint

This isn't so much a recipe as it is some inspiration for the coming summer months. The recipe can be adapted to whatever tea and fruit combination you desire, today I'm just showing you my personal favourite combination. 

For the tea I brewed a mixture of peppermint and green tea. I like my tea quite strong so I allowed it to steep for quite a while. I also added a little honey just to counter the acidity of the citrus fruit. The amount of honey is completely down to personal preference, but it is best to add to the tea whilst it is hot. Once you're happy with your tea strain it into a jug and set it aside to cool. 

Once your tea has cooled it's time to chop up your fruit. I opted for the cooling and refreshing combination of lemon, lime, orange and cucumber. But I can also confirm that peppermint tea with mixed berries is delicious. 

Add the fruit, mint leaves and plenty of ice to a large pitcher and pour the tea over the top. Serve immediately. 

This makes for a great refreshing drink with a lot less sugar than store bought iced teas. If you're looking for a more adult version I highly recommend adding some ginger beer and rum. Delish!

What are your favourite summer drinks?

Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...