Tuesday 14 January 2014

Recipe | Kale Chips


Hi lovelies! Continuing on from Erin's previous post on how to cook edamame, I thought I'd show you my experiments with kale chips. Initially these were a bit of an experiment as I wasn't sure I would enjoy these chips that much. However several empty bowls later I can confirm that these are just as addictive as everyone says they are.

Makes 1 large bowlful
Ingredients

1 bunch of Kale (I used curly kale)
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Cracker pepper
Chilli flakes (optional)

To make this super simple snack start by preheating your oven to 180°C. Then wash your kale and remove the centre ribs. Tear the leaves into bite sized pieces. The most important step is to make sure the kale is properly dry before placing it onto a lined baking tray. 

Drizzle some olive oil over then kale and ensure the kale is evenly coated by mixing with your hands. Pop the tray in the oven and cook for 5-8 minutes checking regularly. I have found than kale chips burn really easily so it's best to keep an eye on them. They should be brown around the edges, but still green in the centre.

Place the cooked chips into a serving bowl and sprinkle over some sea salt and cracked pepper. I also like to dust over a few chilli flakes for a spicy kick. 

That's it super simple really, but it's fun to experiment with different combinations. I have been loving a bit of garlic salt over mine recently. Kale chips are also great crumbled over the top of a salad for a bit of crunch. 

What's your favourite way to eat kale?

Jess x


1 comment:

  1. I've been searching for ideas for healthy snacks! This is perfect. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...