Monday 24 February 2014

Review | NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder


Hi lovelies! I apologise for showing you such a well loved product but I completely forgot to take photos of this one before getting stuck into using. I discovered filling in my brows relatively late in the game. Looking back on photos of myself pre-brow now causes me to cringe slightly. 

Like lipsticks I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to brow products, I tend to switch up what I use based on how much time I have and how much other makeup I am wearing. I always fill in my brows even if I am wearing no other makeup. However with the NYX eyebrow cake I tend to prefer wearing it when I have other makeup on my face. My preferred look recently has been a simple matte eyeshadow, strong brows and a strong lip. 

I originally bought this product on a whim, I was sceptical when it arrived that, although labelled as blonde, the colours would be a much too much. I was pleasantly surprised though. First I run the clear wax over my brows with the angled brush included. This has been great during the humid summer in Brisbane as it provides a base for the powder to stick to. It also keeps my unruly brows in place. 

I then run a mix of the two colours, although I tend to favour the upper colour through my brows with my own angled brush. After a quick brush through with a spoolie I am all done. I find the colour lasts until I am ready to take it off at the end of a long day. 

If you enjoy a well defined brow I would highly recommend this little kit, it makes travelling so simple as well. It is available from selected Target stores in Australia or online here for only $9.95. 

What are your favourite brow products?

Jess x 

1 comment:

  1. Iam thinking of giving this one a try cause I usually always use the e.l.f brow kit and I love i t but its time to try something new!
    which shade is that one btw?

    Hajer~
    www.beautylish-life.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...