Monday 3 March 2014

DIY | Coffee Scrub


Hi lovelies! Amongst my friends it is no secret that I am a coffee snob. I am also a bit of an addict and I don't seem to function quite right without that first morning cup of coffee ...or two. Caffeine has many benefits to skin, and I have been looking into ways to repurpose my coffee grinds. 

Coffee can help reduce redness and inflammation, reduce the appearance of cellulite and help with under eye circles. Now when it comes to my under eyes, I tend to avoid putting loose coffee grinds so close to my eyes. For that I tend to stick to a teabag or two, which are never in short supply in my house. 

However for a body scrub that leaves you feeling refreshed and smelling great I'd recommend using loose coffee. 

All you need to do is combine your coffee grinds with enough coconut oil to form a thick paste. The consistency shouldn't be liquid-y at all, the oil just helps the grinds adhere to your skin. 

The type of coffee you use isn't important here, just make sure it isn't instant or it will dissolve as soon as it hits water. 

What are your favourite home made skin remedies?

Jess x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...