Sunday 30 March 2014

Monthly Round-Up | March

Eat and Drink
Brewski Bar, Petrie Terrace

Jumping on the artisan beer and cider trend this new-ish venue on Brisbane's Caxton Street is really pressing my buttons. I've been a few times in the last couple of months and decided recently that it is definitely my new go-to-bar on a Friday/Saturday evening. With interesting beers and ciders sourced from all over the country and world, there is always something new to try. Recently, my girlfriends and I tried Perth's Nail Brewing Company's Nail Ale and absolutely loved it ordering a few rounds more than necessary. 

Brewski also makes a mean and affordable pizza with my favourite being the Three Cheese. Definitely recommend a stop in at Brewski if you're in the neighbourhood (being Brisbane) and enjoy a tasty and unique brew. 


Listen
Kate Miller-Heidke - O Vertigo!

For many years now I have been a raging fan of one of Brisbane's finest offerings, Kate Miller-Heidke. Everything she has written and produced has had me obsessed and wanting more. Her newest offering O Vertigo! is no different. Full of witty lyrics crafted into songs belonging to my favourite genre Popera (pop sung in an operatic style) this album is cutting it fine to being my favourite of her albums. 

If you have ever thought of Kate as a generic style pop singer who can do a little bit of opera take a listen to her lyrics and hear what she has to say. I think a huge part of what I adore about her is how much her personality shines through in her songs no matter what the melody sounds like. 

This was the first single released from O Vertigo! but if you have some time I highly recommend listening to the whole album. 




Beauty
Since starting this blog my need for intensely nourishing hand creams has increased. I've tried quite a few products and always find better and better when I need to restock. My current favourite is this rich shea butter-rich Handy Gururgu (pronounced Guru Goo) from Lush. 

I must say I am a  fan of the packages over the traditional tube as you know you can get out the exact amount you want at a time and will be sure to use up the entire product. I really loved Origins Make A Difference Hand Lotion but I found that for the price I was never sure I was getting all the product out. 

If you're on the hunt for a new hand lotion I can fully back this product. Plus it comes with the benefit that all Lush products do; knowing where it came from and that it has harmed the world very little in its creation. 


Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves Mascara by Rimmel London


My second beauty favourite is this strange new mascara brush from Rimmel London's new Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves Mascara. I'm not sure if I'm completely convinced that I love it but I think I've just been baffled into believing it achieves something different. The formula seems quite similar to other Rimmel mascaras I've used in the past but the brush is proving itself every day. My lashes seem longer and definitely have more curl to them than before. 

If you're looking for a new mascara to try and aren't ashamed of overly ostentatious packaging (seriously, snake skin on a mascara?) then I'd recommend this product. But by all means don't go out of your way as I'm sure there are better products out there. 

And thats all for this month folks! Happy March - definitely doesn't feel like Autumn yet. 

Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...