Friday 28 March 2014

Review | L'Oreal False Lash Butterfly Wing Mascara



Hi lovelies! I have come to the conclusion that I am definitely sucked in by packaging on products. I wasn't intending on getting a new mascara at all but the 30% off L'Oreal products in Priceline sucked me in. 
I have tried the previous version of this mascara, the Volume Million Lashes, and wasn't a huge fan. So I'm not really sure what drew me to this product. Perhaps I was a magpie in a previous life and I'm attracted to shiny things.

My first impressions have sadly not been the best. I think the main problem for me is that the formula is a bit too wet which always leaves my lashes looking goopy and covered in product. Don't get me wrong I love my lashes as big as I can get them, I just find that these sorts of formulas weigh down my lashes and I lose any trace of a curl. 

The brush is something that I also need to get used to. Generally I tend to favour more tradiitonal fibre brushes, and this is a plastic wand. I find there's a bit of a knack to getting the curved brush right to the root of your lashes.

As always with mascara reviews take this with a pinch of salt. Of all the make up items I think mascara has mch more to do with personal preference rather than a product being necessarily good or bad. I didn't experience any issues with staying power or smudging just at the moment I don't particularly love it. 

Hopefully once the tube dries out a little it will improve. Who knows I may end up loving it. 

What are your thoughts on this mascara? Has it worked out better for you?

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...