Monday 21 April 2014

Review | Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balms

 From left to right: Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balms in Standout, Shameless and Complex

Hi lovelies! I have been waiting very impatiently for Revlon to bring these lip products over to Australian shores. As a lover of matte lipsticks I couldn't wait to get my hands on this formula that everyone was loving. My lipstick drawers somehow managed to make room for these three shades. 

I opted to try a pretty classic selection, a classic red, a deep purple and a nude from the line up. Some of the pinks and corals were tempting, but I already had plenty similar in my stash. 

As mention in this post I have been more into nudes recently. It's strange that I am much more comfortable in a red lipstick than a nude, but I have slowly been finding nudes that I like on my complexion. I prefer to wear Complex semi-sheer on the lips as I find it a bit too intense opaque. As is to be expected this shade had the shortest wear time of the bunch. 

Standout and Shameless wear for a much longer period of time. I do prefer to touch them up after eating, however they last a good 4 or 5 hours otherwise. They also retain their creamy texture, so reapplying doesn't make your lips appear patchy or flakey. 

I do tend to prefer to wear both these shades with a lipliner underneath, just to prevent any feathering of the shades. They are both fabulously pigmented though and I can see Shameless being one of my go to shades during the cooler months. 

If you love a great bold lip then I highly recommend these lipsticks. The colour range is really broad and they are super comfortable on the lips. The full range is available in Priceline stores Australia wide.

Have you tried any of the Matte Balms yet?

Jess x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...