Tuesday 20 May 2014

Recipe | Bircher Muesli


Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day; you could say it inspires me to get out of bed more than anything else. This being the case, I am always trying to make this first meal better and better. Recently inspired by a breakfast out with the girls, I thought I'd try my hand at a bircher muesli. Let me know if you try this or have any suggestions. 

Ingredients
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup dried fruit (I chopped up dried apricots and used a berry mix)
1 green apple, grated
1 1/2 cup orange juice (preferably fresh and not concentrate)
1 cup no-fat yoghurt
1/2 tsp cinnamon 

Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine. Cover mixture and place in the fridge overnight so that wet ingredients soak into the dry. Serve in the morning with fruit, an extra dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon. 

I make such large quantities which normally last for 5+ mornings. A spoonful also makes for a healthy and sweet snack in the evenings instead of a traditional dessert. 

Super simple, delicious and healthy pre-made breakfast for a Sunday with friends or an everyday breakfast for those on the go. You can even store individual servings in jars if you're particularly time poor. 

Enjoy and happy Sunday!
Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...