Monday 5 May 2014

Review | Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets


Hi lovelies! So two lipstick reviews in very short succession from me... Well I thought it was best to get them out of the way. I am a big fan of liquid lipsticks, however my favourites are on the pricier side. When I saw the latest release from Bourjois I couldn't wait to pick them up on my recent trip to England. 

Considering how nice the formula is it's sad that the colour range is so small. With 6 shades in total to choose from it's a pretty typical line up of reds, pinks and nudes. In the end I opted for 'Hot Pepper' an orange-toned red and 'Pink-Pong' a bright, cool pink. Not particularly unique shades, however definitely ones I wear regularly. 

I find I generally need around two coats to get a completely opaque finish. But what I most enjoy about these offerings is how they wear. Unlike other liquid lipsticks I've tried these don't get flakey and patchy over the course of the day. I tend to touch them up after eating out of habit, but they stay in place without a lot of assistance. 

On a side note, whilst waiting for these to dry down on the lips, I've found these are prone to smudging. Once dry though you'll have trouble moving them. 

Once these reach Australia I would definitely recommend checking them out. Whilst the shades aren't the most original, the price and the formula are definitely worth a try. 

Jess x

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...