Monday 9 June 2014

Recipe | Sweet Potato Fries


Hi lovelies! So just because I don't think I've mentioned it enough in recent posts I am currently in the midst of university exams. As a result everything I've been cooking has been really quick and simple. These chunky sweet potato fries make a great side dish, or just to share with friends. 
Serves 2 as side dish
Ingredients
1 large sweet potato
Olive oil
Paprika
Brown sugar
Salt 
Pepper


Preheat your oven to 220 C and line an oven tray with foil. Prepare your sweet potato by giving it a quick wash. Then slice into large wedges. I prefer my fries to be quite chunky, but if you're in a rush thinner slices will cook much faster. 


I keep the seasoning for my fries nice and simple. You'll need just enough oil to lightly coat the sweet potato. I toss mine on the oven tray with my hands. Then I add salt, pepper, paprika and some brown sugar. The paprika gives the fries a lovely smokey flavour, and the brown sugar caramelises beautifully. 


Lay out your seasoned fries on the oven tray. They tend to cook best when in one single layer. I pop mine at the top of the oven and cook for 16 minutes, making sure to flip them halfway through. This ensures the fries cook evenly and don't end up soggy on one side. 


I love cooking during exam times. I find it really gives some time to relax and to give myself a break from the study. It's all over on Thursday though, and I can't wait!

What are your favourite side dishes?

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...