Tuesday 24 June 2014

Review | The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum


As I recently mentioned in my beauty wish list, I have wanted to try the Aloe Protective Serum by The Body Shop since Estée from Essie Button put this in one of her monthly beauty favourites. I've been using a similar product called Hydraluron by Indeed Laboratories for the best part of a year now and am definitely converted to using a product before my moisturiser to increase its effect. My normal face moisturiser is oil free and therefor needs all the help it can get; I even combine it with a few drops of rose-hip oil in the evenings. 


When my Hydraluron ran out recently I decided I would purchase this as a moisture boosting replacement. It is the same volume but about $12 cheaper... and when all your products run out at the same time that makes all the difference. The dispenser on this product gives a well portioned dosage each time and I think more likely to drain every last drop. 

So far my use of this product has been mostly successful and positive. My skin hasn't reacted badly and the amount of moisture I was receiving from Hydraluron use has been maintained. The scent is semi-perplexing but perhaps I am simply not accustomed to aloe. It isn't awful just unusual. I also appreciate that the ingredients are slightly (not hugely) more natural than Hydraluron. The feeling of the product on the skin also feels more moisturising and less tacky than I am used to. 

This wasn't meant to be a comparison post but it seems that is how it has turned out. If you know of any other moisture boosting products (available in Australia) feel free to let me know in the comments. I definitely recommend this, especially because we are headed to windier weather here in Brisbane and extra moisture on your face is beyond necessary. 

Happy Wednesday beauty lovers!
Erin xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...