Wednesday 1 October 2014

Monthly Round-Up | September

Eat and Drink
Chur Burger, Fortitude Valley

I love a good gourmet burger. So much so that I follow a few too many 'only burger' posting accounts on Instragram. When I read that the guys from Chur Burger were coming to Brisbane I had to get on it quick smart. They make a great burger bun with a great combination of fillings available all at a reasonable price. Tara and I also indulged in Milo milkshakes which were phenomenal. The sweet potato fried were a little lacklustre but were tasty nevertheless.

Like burgers? Like awesome graffiti on the wall? Looking for a cheap, fast, alternative to Grill'd? Give Chur Burger a go in Constance Street in the Valley.

Frozen strawberries

Here in Queensland we are currently experiencing our second amazing strawberry season in a row. For the last few weeks they have been around 3-punnets-for-$5 or even cheaper. My favourite way to keep the strawberry love going past the glut is to buy a few every time I'm at the green grocers, chop the heads off them and pop them in the freezer. This way, I get to indulge in the fruit now but I also save some for later use as ice-cubes or in desserts. I have a pretty delicious recipe coming your way using some of these frozen gems. 

Listen
Client Liaison
It is rare that you find musicians so meticulously dedicated to reproducing the magic of 1980s. Not only is their music spot on but the performance and attention to detail in their costumes, videos and casting is inspiring. I first heard these gentlemen at BigSound Live earlier in the month and was blown away. It comes off as a bit pretentious at first glance but the dedication these musicians show to their art form is truly worthy of a long and lustrous career. 

WARNING: Contains extreme 80s vibes. 


Watch
Arrested development 

Yes, yes, I know I'm very late to the Arrested Development party but I recently powered my way through the series and loved every minute of it. With a fantastic and well loved cast the Bluth's family debacle is endlessly entertaining. I'm not going to go into much more detail because if you want to experience the true hilarity and show really speaks for itself; go watch it!

Beauty
Moisturising Face SPF 50+ by Sun Sense

I've been kidding myself for far too long with my SPF 15+ facial moisturiser. It is a great product but my devotion to it was needless as we now have SPF 50+ products on the market; as a pasty skinned human, I need all the sun protection I can get. I picked this one up by SunSense about a week ago because I read that it was a very similar mix of ingredients to the product I already use with the added SPF bonus. I'm always wary about changing my moisturiser as I'm terrified of breakouts. So far this has proven itself to be non-comedogenic (not blocking of pores) which is really my biggest worry. I'll let you know in 50 years if it is successful in protecting my skin.  


Hydrating Mist Toner by Sukin

On a similar "summer is coming" train of thought to the SPF 50+ moisturiser, I recently picked up this mist toner by Sukin. Its been increasing in humidity here in the sunshine state so I thought it would come for a refreshing way to cool off. It has a lovely chamomile and rosewater scent to it which feels lovely on the skin. I'm thinking this will definitely be an essential in my beach bag to keep cool by the sea. 

And thats a wrap on September! Hope you all had a great month too. What did you love?

Happy October!
Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...